Have you ever sat to check your monthly expenses only to realize some of it was unnecessary, and you could have put them to better use?
Reviewing your monthly expenses and planning a budget for the month is a must, especially if you have just bought your dream home and moved in already. Take this new beginning and take charge of your expenses. Cut down unnecessary household expenditures and use the money on things that make more sense and make life easier. Not sure how to do that? Here is a list of a few things that can get you started.
- Don’t order food every day: Everyone deserves a lazy day where you can order food and do whatever it is that doesn’t take up too much of your energy. It is all fun and games until this lazy day is stretched, and before you know it, you are ordering in very frequently. While your reasons might be different on various occasions, it doesn’t change the fact you are overspending and eating food from out more often. If you don’t have time on your hands or are tired after long working hours, hire a cook instead. This way, you will have steamy hot home-cooked meals every day and put your money to better use.
- Cut down energy bills: Now that your food situation is sorted, let’s talk about energy bills. Remember the hot summer days when you don’t want to switch off the air conditioner, even when you step out. That’s because who wants to walk into a home that feels more like a furnace! Instead of wasting energy, you can install a smart thermostat. This device gives you control of the heating and cooling of your home. You can control the temperature of your home from your smartphone, minimising energy costs. Most smart thermostats come with movement detectors that help learn the movement of each member in your house and their cooling and heating needs and adjust accordingly. Without a doubt, it is worth the splurge!
- Don’t sign up for a gym membership: Love working out? Good for you! But you don’t have to sign up for that expensive gym membership; instead, see what your apartment has to offer. Many posh apartments in Koramangala and other areas of the city offer top-notch gymnasiums, yoga rooms, Zumba studios, and so on. So check out what your apartment offers and enroll as per your workout choice.
- Avoid booking expensive banquet halls: Planning a party or a family function? Everyone knows banquet halls can be very expensive. But you are left with no other choice. Isn’t it? Well, there is always a choice. Most apartments today offer banquet/ party halls where you can organise parties for whatever occasion, whenever.
- Don’t book sports venues: You will find different people in every apartment. The fitness enthusiast, the sporty type and so on. If you prefer burning some calories or your idea of unwinding is playing a sport, you would probably have a membership at one of those sports venues. While that is great, do you want to spend hours in traffic or spend money on something that you can get at a better price or maybe don’t spend at all! Check the different types of courts your apartment offers. If your apartment has a court for the sport you prefer, be it a badminton or basketball court, you can play with your friends or family at home without spending money.
You get the idea, right? Sure, you might have more to add to this list. So go ahead and do that. See how and where you can cut down and splurge on other areas that make more sense. But if you are still looking for ready to move luxury flats near Koramangala, check out Advaitha Aksha. This project offers 4 BHK luxury flats in Koramangala that come with smart home features, luxury finishes, superior construction quality and a lot more. Schedule a site visit today! Hurry, only a few units left!