Yoga, the art that is practiced by people of all ages all over the world, helps you connect with yourself. Different people have different reasons to practice yoga. While some do it for weight loss or increasing flexibility, others reduce stress and help them become zen.
Being a combination of mental, physical, and spiritual practices, yoga has a multitude of benefits. From very specific advantages that attract a niche audience to benefits that everyone needs in their day to do life, the practice of yoga can transform your life in ways you didn’t know were possible. Here are 5 reasons why you should adopt yoga into your everyday routine:
- Building strength: Going to the gym for weight training improves your strength, but you often get that strength by compromising your flexibility. Yoga helps improve muscular strength while improving flexibility and mobility. You will notice all your stiff muscles, joints, and more heal faster as well.
- Improves respiration: One of the first and most basic exercises done in yoga is breathing exercises. Yoga asks you to focus on your breathing, reducing the chances of developing asthma. These breathing exercises support the respiratory muscles to function better and help you stay calm and in control, even in tense situations.
- Keeps heart healthy: One of the lesser-known yoga facts is that it helps reduce blood pressure and cholesterol. It improves blood circulation in the body and helps keep the heart healthy.
- Reduce stress: To be able to have control over your mind will help you deal with stress, anxiety and other mental health issues. Yoga works towards helping you have more control over your mind. One of the practices recommended to people going through stress is to start yoga as it promotes relaxation.
- Boosts immunity: Stress hormones often compromise the immune system, reducing the body’s ability to fight diseases. Yoga helps strengthen the nervous system and lowers stress hormones. An improved respiratory system, which is possible with regular practice of yoga, also strengthens the immune system.
With several benefits waiting to change your life for the better, take the first step and welcome yoga into your daily life routine. To practice yoga and benefit from it, you will need a mat and a peaceful space with access to a lot of natural air and sunlight. Living in a luxury apartment like Advaitha Aksha grants you access to serene private balconies with a stunning view that in itself could help you feel more relaxed and calm. What better time than this Yoga Day to start practicing yoga and help you connect with your body, mind and soul!