Ever since Chief Minister B. S. Yediyurappa announced the waterway beautification project at the Bengaluru Mission 2022, there has been a lot of speculation around it. From what it is the design like to what are some of the major highlights, there is a lot being said about the K-100 Raja Kaluve project. To put all the speculations to rest and get a clear picture of the project, here are some of the key highlights that will surely leave you in awe.
- When this waterway project was announced, there was a lot of buzz about the design being similar to South Korea’s Cheonggyecheon. Various recent reports suggest that the stormwater drain project will be designed as per the Sabarmati River Waterfront project in Gujarat. Chief Minister B. S. Yediyurappa has announced that there will be no shortage of funds for this project and has provided a 10-month deadline.
- The project is not going to be a public waterway where people can only hang out; it is going to be more than that. The state government plans to provide recreational facilities like pedestrian pathways and bicycle tracks for Namma Bengalureans and everyone who visits this place. Sources say that the pathway is being designed as per the European style, similar to the Church Street model.
- Apart from that, the state government is also making it a point to remodel the existing bridges. There are also going to be new constructions that include arch bridges and culverts. The arch bridges will enhance the stormwater drain project and add to its beauty.
- BBMP Commissioner N Manjunatha Prasad has said that the Citizens’ Waterway Project aims to provide a historical significance to the stormwater drains. Apart from the cycle tracks and European pathways, there is sure to be a lot of greenery. The horticulture work for this project will include Miyawaki foresting and landscaping. Never imagined greenery in the heart of Koramangala.
- The state government also plans to construct a 5 MLD Sewage Treatment Plant at Bamboo Bazar.
A Bengaluru based developer — Star Infratech — has been awarded the contract. They were part of various other similar urban design projects. Everyone is thrilled about this project and can’t wait to see it come alive. All the residents of Koramangala and those buying a property here have a new hangout space in the neighbourhood. If you or anyone you know is looking for property and are particularly interested in Koramangala, Advaitha Ventures Private Limited has its luxury property — Advaitha Aksha — situated here. With top-notch amenities, beautifully landscaped gardens and an excellent infrastructure, Advaitha Aksha is sure to win your hearts. Hurry and book a site visit today! Select units available at special prices.